Monday, October 03, 2016

Big Beautification at BART Plazas: Before & After Fotos

Here's the secret to my successful advocacy improving basic public health and visual beauty at 16th and Mission Streets. I make simple, easy and low-cost service requests of the various agencies with power to affect change at the BART public spaces.

A little over three weeks ago, I sent a written and video request to BART's customer service department to trim the dead fronds of the palm trees dotting both plazas.

Over last weekend, the subcontractor hired by BART to do the trimming. Even though the head of customer service never told me when the work would be done, so I could document it with my camera, I still wish to praise BART's management and staff, and the subcontractors, for getting the job done and rather quickly too.

Now, these critical transit hubs are nicer to look at and a bit more inviting for all users of the plazas.

Another accomplishment I've brought about and it's my hope this pruning earns your vote to make me the next BART board director for District 9. Check out the before and after photos and let me know what you think of the beautification.




No comments: