Monday, December 09, 2013

POZ: Petrelis to Run for SF Supervisor in 2014

(Mike Merrigan, my long-term companion and super-duper life-mate, and I after pulling the papers at the SF Department of Elections to run for political office.)

This is a wonderful write up from the POZ magazine web site today, and I particularly approve of the omission of the name of the current Supervisor for District 8. Many big thanks, POZ, for the attention. POZ sez:

Longtime HIV-positive activist and blogger Michael Petrelis has filed papers to run for supervisor of the Castro district in San Francisco, according to a post on his Petrelis Files blog. The post provides a detailed list of his areas of concern, which include government transparency, public spaces and HIV/AIDS. In particular, Petrelis favors merging the city’s HIV Prevention Planning Council and the HIV CARE Services Council. He also seeks an AIDS Accountability Summit, which would daylight the inner workings of nonprofit HIV agencies. The election takes place November 4, 2014.  

While I am in the process of establishing a committee to accept funds for my campaign, and I appreciate the pledges of donations from supporters, I cannot solicit for the campaign right now. However, if you wish to show some love and gratitude for my advocacy and this blog, please hit the PayPal Donate button above and make a holiday contribution.

If you wish to send a check, email me at MPetrelis@aol.com and I'll give you my snail mail address.

Thanks much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please let us know the details for the campaign fundraising - keen to support such a great battler and fighter for human rights. Best of luck xxo