Monday, September 19, 2016

Pigeons & Poop Removed from BART's 24th Street Plaza

The following thank you note was emailed today to the Customer Service Director for BART and her maintenance crew:

Dear Julie A. Yim,

Much gratitude to you and your various workers for addressing my concerns lodged three weeks ago, regarding pigeon abatement at the eastern plaza at your 24th Street station.

Today I saw how the crews have installed new bird repellent spikes atop both levels of the fence around your plaza and the cement areas surrounding the subway entrance.

Not only that, most of the pigeon poop befouling the environment of the entrance has been scrubbed away. What remains of the fecal matter should be cleaned with another washing or two.

Please convey my thanks to your men and women public workers who did the terrific work that has greatly enhance sanitary conditions at this critical transit hub.

I'm proud to say BART employees and managers have responded so quickly to my concerns and I look forward to continued attention to maintain best public health practices for all BART plaza users.

Again, thank you!

Best regards,
Michael Petrelis

 

No comments: