Sunday, September 25, 2016

Dangerous Hole at BART Plaza Harms Public Safety



This a copy of the note I've sent to the appropriate BART managers regarding my
new effort to improve another small part of Radulovich Plaza in the Mission. I'll keep an eye on this hole and report back when it is no longer jeopardizing the personal well-being of the plaza's users.

"To BART managers:

"My latest service request to BART is shared below, along with the confirmation that it was received on your end. I hope this safety hazard is addressed this week and I very much appreciate your recent efforts rapidly responding to my concerns. I also offer high praise for your crews doing all the grunt work at this plaza and station. Please view my video for the exactly location of the hole. Thanks. Best, Michael Petrelis"

"Dear BART, For three months, a missing tree at the western 16th Street plaza in SF has left a hole in the ground. This is a harm to public safety. Pedestrians are tripping over the hole and is a danger to disabled people. I am requesting that you immediately either the hole or replace the tree that once was there with a new tree. This gaping hole must be addressed and full public safety standards met at all times by BART at this busy transit hub."

"From: BART Customer Service
To: mpetrelis 
Sent: Sun, Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm 
Subject: BART Case # 00192449 

"Dear Michael Petrelis, Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Case Number 00192449 has been created and a BART Customer Service Representative will respond shortly. Sincerely, BART Customer Service"

No comments: