Friday, October 17, 2008


CBS/SF: Gays Upset Gays
Missing from Prop 8 Ads
Yesterday afternoon I was over in Berkeley to catch two musicals from the Soviet Union playing at the Pacific Film Archive, so I wasn't around to reply to this request for an interview.
Nevertheless, I'm very pleased to report that the local CBS affiliate ran a two-minute story about a few bloggers, myself included with a screen shot of this site, and the fabulous columnist Ann Rostow of SF Bay Times, would like to see some living, breathing and loving gay couples in the No on 8 ads. The publisher of SF Bay Times, Kim Corsaro, is featured nicely summing up the views of those who'd like gay people to appear in the TV spots.

This is the email from the reporter, which I find interesting because of how he says the No on 8 ads are missing not only gays, but humanity!
Hi Mr. Petrelis -
My name is Joe Vazquez, and I'm a reporter for CBS5 TV in San Francisco. I'm working on a story about proposition 8 and how - as you and some of the folks who have posted on your blog have pointed out - the TV spots for "NO ON 8" are "lame" and devoid of gay people (or any humanity).
Are you in San Francisco? If so, can we swing by and interview you on camera? Please write back or call me at 415-xxx-xxxx.
I have written a similar email to Mr. Wockner for a response as well.
Joe Vazquez
KPIX-TV / CBS5
Click here to view the news story. And here is the teaser from the KPIX-TV web site:
Prop. 8 Opponents Say Ads Not Strong Enough
Some in the gay community have complained about political ads against Proposition 8, saying the message...

1 comment:

DavidEhrenstein said...

Kors hates us more than he hates himself -- which is a lot.