Thursday, November 06, 2014

I Won Second Place With 7.2% of the Vote
By Michael Petrelis

The results are in and I'm damn proud to have received 1,485 of ballots cast in the San Francisco District 8 race for Supervisor, and winning the second place of the campaign.

Election results are for all intents and purposes complete, with 98.57% of the vote in our district counted, and my percentage of votes comes to 7.2%.

It's been a fantastic and long trip running for elective office, and my sincerest thanks go out to everyone who voted for me or in anyway lent support and friendship during the almost year-long campaign. I couldn't have done this without you!

Special gratitude and love to my great and wonderful husbear Mike Merrigan, who had to put up with all the ups and downs of this DIY Democracy effort and kept me laughing and healthy.

I spent the final hours of this Election Day at the David Campos party at the El Rio, my first time there, and glad I schmoozed with everyone. Campos got my vote and at one point told me he was glad I ran against the incumbent and I thanked him for saying that.

Here are photos of me with friends and folks who gave me their votes.




No comments: