Sunday, January 25, 2015

Angela Lansbury, Mike & My 56th Birthday

The legendary trouper Angela Lansbury is 89 and on tour with a fabulously entertaining production of Noel Coward's "Blithe Spirit", which Mike and I had the pleasure of catching last night at the Golden Gate Theatre.

I'm turning 56 tomorrow, Monday, January 26, and it's a memorable birthday weekend in a number of ways. Just being alive and still acting up when necessary, appreciating the gifts of having loving friends and family and the joy of living with Mike, are the best presents I could receive.

Oh, it's also a terrific, sunny San Francisco day and my plan for later today is to see a good late career film by Jean-Luc Godard, "In Praise of Love", at the Pacific Film Archive over in Berkeley. 

Please join me in celebrating life, seeing Angela Lansbury live on stage again, every single birthday, the challenges of Godardian cinema and every thing else that keep the world spinning.

No comments: