Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Guerneville Gay-cation & Campaigning Up North

My husband Mike had last week off from work and to make sure he had a restful time, he sent me packing on a gay-cation up to the charming town of Guerneville up in Sonoma county.


I put my bike on Golden Gate Transit and the Sonoma County Transit buses earlier this week, and glad I had my two-wheels to ride around the woods and to the beach along the Russian River.

Staying at the Woods Lodge during the week meant I got a great deal on a room and the place was very quiet, so I was able to unwind and de-stress before the fall campaign season begins in earnest.



Being a consummate advocate, I took my #ILikeMikeSF propaganda with me and after a conversation with these two young gay men from San Francisco, took a photo of them with our campaign sign. That's Christian on the left and his sweetie Nicholas on the right.

When I came home, Mike was so rested and relaxed it was clear he hadn't been to his law firm all week and enjoyed his time-off from assisting me with the political campaign.

Now, back to electioneering and if you haven't already RSVPed to the invitation: https://www.facebook.com/events/771671746207651 , to our September 5th fundraiser at Sweet Inspiration on Market Street near Noe, please do so now. It's gonna be a blast!

No comments: