Friday, November 18, 2016

Glenn Greenwald of The Intercept: 'Fan of [Petrelis'] Activism!'

Yesterday afternoon, American journalist and whistle-blowing confidant of Edward Snowden, Glenn Greenwald tweeted info and screengrabs of donations from Trump adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner to top Democrats.

I retweeted Glenn's note urging him to follow the Democrats' money.

He soon replied, "I've been a fan of your activism since law school in NYC! Glad for the opportunity to tell you."

Needless to say, I was quite touched by his kind words. Told him I hope to one day meet him, perhaps when he's honored by the San Francisco Pride organization.

As a government transparency activist and gay man, I'd like to see him receive accolades from the LGBT community. That is why today I began researching how to nominate him to be a grand marshal of the 2017 SF Pride celebration.

I'll keep you posted on what I learn.

Thank you, Glenn, for your incredibly brave and necessary journalism and advocacy. Your support of my activism means much to me.

Onward to more government sunshine domestically and globally!

No comments: