Wednesday, November 02, 2016

BART Board: Open Data, Plazas & Public Engagement

The current members of the BART board of directors heard about nine minutes of public comment from me at their October 27 meeting. As you can see from the many empty chairs behind me, there wasn't a crowd at 9:00 am.

I called for better community engagement by BART managers and directors, support their attempt to become an open data public agency, held current District 9 director Tom Radulovich accountable and thanked the workers and supervisors who've taken action on my service requests to improve the 16th Street station plazas.

A proposal I put forward was using the five plastic displays at the western 16th Street entrance with signage and imagery showing exactly where the elevator is located.

After campaigning at the plazas over the past few months, I know very well the large number of disabled folks, moms with large strollers and kids in tow, and travelers with heavy luggage who need easy-to-find visuals directing them across Mission Street to the much-needed elevator.

I'll be advocating for these changes and improvements regardless of who becomes the next District 9 director for BART, but you knew that already.

Vote for zealous Petrelis by November 8th!

 

No comments: