Tuesday, February 07, 2012

'Dirty Looks' Queer Film
Series from NYC Plays in SF


An assertive film lover (the kind I adore) by the name of Bradford Nordeen sent me an email yesterday, about his traveling motion picture shows and I want to promote his efforts even though I can't make any of the shows. I've seen the movie by Rosa von Praunheim and highly recommend it, especially for queer youths who are not easily categorized and pushing their personal boundaries.

I asked local writer and performer Larry-Bob Roberts if he knew Nordeen, or had plans on catching anything, and he said: Don't know him personally. I like what he is doing, though. I am planning on going on Friday and Sunday. I am especially excited about the Praunheim, since it's been a while since there's been a retrospective of his films here.

All of the programs could use an audience, so why not check out one or all of the programs? Support gay arts and check out what Nordeen has to present.

Here are the details:

Dirty Looks, a New York based-roaming series for queer experimental film and video, is coming out on a West Coast Roadshow. I just noticed that you mentioned local film screenings on your blog recently. I wanted to let you know about a couple a few of our SF appearances, in case they might interest you or your readers.

San Francisco Roadshow

Thursday, Feb 9, 7PM
Queer Conversations on Culture and the Arts @ CCA, 1111 8th Street, Timken Hall. Screening selections from the FEMALE TROUBLE program and a conversation with Margaret Tedesco. Admission is free.

Friday, Feb 10, 8PM
City of Lost Souls a trans punk musical by Rosa von Praunheim, starring Jayne County @ Artists' Television Access, 922 Valencia Street. $5

Sunday, February 12, 2PM
FEMALE TROUBLE, a Genderfuck Program @ YBCA 701 Mission Street (at 3rd), as part of the series Bros Before Hos: Masculinity and its Discontents, featuring film and video by Steven Arnold, Rick Castro, Vaginal Davis, Zackary Drucker, Matthias Müller, Narcissister, Patti Podesta and Conrad Ventur. $8

No comments: