Thursday, April 16, 2015

White SF Cops Question Black Male Driver On Market Street

As I was riding my bike on Market Street near Mason yesterday around 5 pm, I came upon two white male San Francisco Police Department officers on the sidewalk questioning a black male driver and his black female passenger.

Just a few moments after I began videotaping the scene, one of the cops noticed me and came over to order me out of the street.

The black man became aware of me and my camera and raised both arms and I believe he said, "Don't worry. I can breathe." Then the tall, thin police officer, whose gun and handcuffs and walkie-talkie were quite noticeable on his belt, put his hands up in the air.

Another passerby with an iPhone came from behind me and asked if he should also tape what was happening. I said yes because you never know what could happen in this kind of situation. We're all pleased no one was harmed or killed, and black couple were soon back in their car driving down Market Street.

There can never be enough monitoring of police officers and law enforcement authorities.



No comments: