Sunday, June 09, 2013

ACT UP/NYC Reunion Gathering on June 22

(Graphic By Vincent Gagliostro)

From New York City my old friend Bill Dobbs informs me with this email about an important event in a few weeks that should be of interest to AIDS Coalition To Unleash Power veterans everywhere:

I wanted to make sure you have a heads-up about what promises to be a momentous occasion on Saturday, June 22 – a (re)gathering of the ACT UP/NY tribe! Check out the website with all the details.  Lots of people are coming, here’s the list so far. Will you join us? Please RSVP online.

Dozens of folks have signed up to attend and I feel good just seeing all those names on the RSVP list. Wish I could be there in person, but will simply be sending good vibes to my friends and colleagues. I can't wait to see pix and maybe videos from the gathering.

Over at Gay City News editor and ACT UP vet Paul Schindler has a story up about the reunion and shares thoughts from fellow vet Alan Klein, who's on the organizing committee. Well worth reading to learn about the factors that brought about the reunion.

ACT UP! Fight Back! Fight AIDS!

No comments: