Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 17 IDAHO Party in S.F.
at Cafe Flore from 5-7PM

Like my friend Gary Virginia, I too had hoped someone other Gary or myself, two key organizers of previous actions here for the International Day Against Homophobia, would have stepped forward to organize a kiss-in or speak-out and I was just going to let the day go by without an action. That has changed, I'm quite happy to report.

This uplifting note and great flyer got my activist juices flowing. Told Gary that I would be at his cafe social and do my part to publicize his call to come together over drinks, Italian sodas or espressos on Tuesday. Please join us!

Dear Friends & Activists,

I couldn't find much of anything going on for I.D.A.H.O. in SF on Tuesday, May 17.

So I'm doing a simple Solidarity Social promoting VISIBILITY and being OUT & PROUD in San Francisco (5-7pm at Cafe Flore, Tues., May 17). It's important to show some type of solidarity with the rest of the world on this day.

We do so much activism in SF daily - a social to meet each other, recharge our batteries, and let the rest of the world know we stand with them in the fight against Homophobia & Transphobia is needed.

 
If able, stop by for a drink or bite. I'll be hanging out and decking Cafe Flore OUT in PINK! Party from 5-7pm, rain or shine.

Gary Virginia
Gays Without Borders/SF



No comments: