Thursday, December 21, 2006

Peter Tatchell, Gay Campaigner Extraordinaire, Needs Your Vote to "Blogger of the Year" Commendation


A true hero and longtime leader of many global gay rights battles, Peter Tatchell, a man I look to for inspiration and guidance, has been nominated by The Guardian newspaper's web site as Blogger of the Year.

I hope you'll agree with me that Peter deserves such an honor from the paper's Comment is Free section and that you'll cast a vote for him.

Click here to vote for Peter, and click here to read his blog.

Voting closes at 12 noon (London time) on Friday, so go vote now, please!

Let's do what we can to give Peter some recognition by The Guardian for his years of incredible work for too many causes and people to name here. I'm sure if he wins this distinction from The Guardian, he will do what he usually does in such instances -- use it to bring attention to gay and AIDS and human rights issues too often ignored by the media and political leaders.

And a note to Peter. Dear boy, thanks so much for your decades of tireless volunteering and protesting to bring dignity and equality to gays around the globe. I'm glad you're my friend and that I've had the privilege of working with you.

No comments: