Sunday, June 26, 2016

'Wiener & Mayor Lee Suck! ACT UP' Sign 4 SF Pride


Another round of San Francisco Pride homo hoopla draws to a close tonight and I'm pleased to share that I skillfully avoided most of the crowded madness and rampant corporatization.

I caught three excellent films at Framline40 - "Pushing Dead," "Being 17," "Jonathan" - the last of which I saw this afternoon at the Castro Theater. As always, a joy to run into friends from my political and cinematic worlds at all of the screenings.

Over Gay Pride Weekend, I paraded hither and yon with a double-sided "Wiener & Mayor Lee Suck! ACT UP!" sign, and the majority of folks had no idea who either politician was, signaling their visitor status, while a robust number of folks heartily approved of my messaging.

One shirtless fella gladly held the sign, struck a few poses with me and mentioned he had a bulge in his shorts causing my queer eyes to gaze south.

How was your Gay Pride?

No comments: