Sunday, June 28, 2015

6-Hours: SF Pride Parade or Lav Diaz's New Film?

I hear there's a loud crowd of homosexuals and their pals creating much hoopla on Market Street for a little ol' parade today. Should last about six-hours, if all goes well with gaps between contingents at the SF Pride parade.

Not my scene and as my luck with the Cinema Gods would have it, today is a screening of director Lav Diaz's new almost-six-hour film from the Philippines, "From What is Before", at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. My ticket was purchased in advance, just in case the showing sold-out. You never know!

For me, Gay Day Pride is every day and I'm quite queerly pleased for all the folks celebrating in downtown San Francisco and soon at United Nations Plaza and the Civic Center, but the crowds and horrible music are not for me so I'm off to what is sure to be another masterpiece from a leading light of global cinema.

Enjoy the day, everyone, and be safe whatever you do.


No comments: