Thursday, November 10, 2005

POZ: Petrelis vs. SF DPH, AIDS Inc, Big Media on HIV Stats

My friends at POZ magazine have posted my new column on their site. Read it at POZ.com.

It's all about my long campaign to publicly examine the San Francisco's health department's HIV stats, and my objections to the hysteria stirred up by local media and AIDS Inc that demonized gay men and people living with AIDS.

And if you can lay your hands on a hard copy of POZ, look at the fantastic illustration accompanying my opinion piece because it more than sums up what was happening to me over the years when I addressed HIV stats in gay Mecca.

The illustration shows seven male figures ascending an escalator going up, their arms pointing in all directions; at each other, toward the sky or downward.

In front of them is a lone figure on a descending escalator. He's holding a chart with a solid red line heading south.

The perfect picture for my POZ column.

No comments: